Finnix 86.1 release notes
(Redirected from Finnix 86.1 Release Notes)
c40bd3b56b19b44834b15ced337c302a finnix-86.1.iso 32e193361c5de480b548e137e4c928e6 finnix-ppc-86.1.iso 2d129d3525384369fa271ddb8ae456d0 finnix-86.1-pre1.iso f80fcdb51f4d18f8ecf1476b25e0ddff finnix-ppc-86.1-pre1.iso
Finnix pre-releases do not include an optimized CD layout; files needed by the init scripts are not arranged at the beginning of the physical CD. As such, the CD may perform slightly slower. Final versions are optimized.
- When running Finnix-on-Finnix, detaching from the screen session kills networking to the guest. This was fixed in Finnix 86.2.
- When booting from a USB thumb drive, Finnix does not attempt to mount /dev/sd?4, and cannot find the Finnix image. This was fixed in Finnix 86.2. As a workaround, add "bootscsi" to the syslinux.cfg append lines, even if you do not have a SCSI system.
86.1-pre1 -> 86.1
- Added /proc/cmdline and lspci -vvn to finnix-hwsubmit
- finnix-hwsubmit now runs in UML without warning
- Changed "squashroot=..." to "root=... squashroot" on UML initrd
- Modified "User-Mode Linux" -> "User Mode Linux" in autoconfig
- Changed initrds to proper dual "/linuxrc" / "/sbin/init"
- Removed popularity-contest
- Removed SELinux warning before init
86.0 -> 86.1-pre1
- CD now reliably ejects before shutdown
- / itself is now writable (mkdir /foo)
- Fixed bug where /etc dpkg files remained after mastering
- Made /tmp writable by non-superuser
- apt-get -u dist-upgrade
- Approx 1MB more memory is now available after boot
- Added ability to do "finnix toram testcd"
- Upgraded Linux kernel to 220.127.116.11
- Added debug breakpoint immediately before shutdown
- Added spinners to TERM/KILL messages during shutdown
- Replaced autoconfigure "progress bar" with simple spinner
- Added dvdrtools, vsftpd, lm-sensors
- Upgraded unionfs to 1.1.1
- Added Finnix-specific deb repository
- Cleaned up files in /var
- Moved /mnt and /selinux from unionfs to ramdisk
- Changed clock configuration "UTC" to "local"
- Added finnix-hwsubmit program
- dmesg is now dumped to /var/log/dmesg on bootup
- Switched from pump to dhclient; output goes to/var/log/dhclient.ethX
- Added "finnix sshd" for automatic ssh startup
- Added fix for properly detecting 3ware 9000 cards
- Added /proc/config.gz kernel option
- Unionfs is now compiled directly into the kernel
- Modified init scripts for UML/Xen, added "uml"/"xen" params
- Added UML SKAS patches and UML client config ("finnix create")
- Added PowerPC port