Finnix is a self-contained, bootable Linux CD distribution ("LiveCD") for system administrators, based on Debian. You can mount and manipulate hard drives and partitions, monitor networks, rebuild boot records, install other operating systems, and much more. Finnix includes the latest technologies for system administrators, hundreds of sysadmin-geared packages, and much more. And above all, Finnix is small enough to quickly download and write to a USB thumb drive or burn to a CD. Finnix is not intended for the average desktop user, and does not include any desktops or productivity tools in order to keep distribution size low.
Looking for older 32-bit 586/686/PowerPC support? Download Finnix 109.
Previous releases, system requirements and more information are available on the Downloads page.
Full news posts are available at the Finnix blog.
Explore the site
To your left, you will notice a menu of major sections of the Finnix site. This sidebar is available on every page, but to get you started, here is a description of each major section.
- Download the latest version of Finnix.
- Release announcements are available in the Finnix blog.
- Screenshots are available for many Finnix releases.
- Need help? Known issues and general support is available on this page.
- Finnix is available for several platforms, including x86, PowerPC, User Mode Linux, and Xen.
- Finnix has a long and colorful project history.
- Get a pair of free high-quality vinyl stickers, and find out how you can support Finnix.