Topics not listed here may be listed in the documentation category.
- Boot parameters, otherwise known as "cheat codes" allow you to alter Finnix's boot behavior in a number of ways
- Hard drive installation
- Bootable USB flash drives
- Netboot, setting up an environment to host a netbootable installation of Finnix.
- Intel Macs
- Balder, a single disk DOS distro based on FreeDOS
- Restoring bootloaders
- Finnix utilities, utilities for working with Finnix, but meant to be installed on a non-Finnix OS.
- Project NEALE, the system used to build Finnix ISOs
- Finnixize Linux kernel
- Finnix for VPS providers
- Finnix packages are version controlled via bzr in Launchpad
- Development category, usually contains documentation intended for Finnix developers directly, and in-progress feature documentation
First of all, be sure you are running the latest version of Finnix. Releases older than the current version are generally not supported.
If the console goes blank halfway through boot and the system has an Nvidia graphics card, pass the "nomodeset" kernel boot option to prevent the nouveau driver from trying to manage the resolution.
Bugs and feature requests
To report a bug or suggest a new feature, please use the issue tracker on GitHub.
For general Finnix discussion, please use the Finnix Discord server.