Topics not listed here may be listed in the documentation category.
- Boot parameters, otherwise known as "cheat codes" allow you to alter Finnix's boot behavior in a number of ways
- Bootable USB flash drives
- Restoring bootloaders
- Finnix packages are version controlled via git and available on Finnix's GitHub organization.
- Finnix for VPS providers
- Development category, usually contains documentation intended for Finnix developers directly, and in-progress feature documentation
- Debian testing on an Encrypted Root Partition
- Hard drive installation
- Netboot, setting up an environment to host a netbootable installation of Finnix.
- Balder, a single disk DOS distro based on FreeDOS
- Finnix utilities, utilities for working with Finnix, but meant to be installed on a non-Finnix OS.
- Remastering Finnix
- Project NEALE, the system used to build Finnix ISOs
- Finnixize Linux kernel
First of all, be sure you are running the latest version of Finnix. Releases older than the current version are generally not supported.
If the console goes blank halfway through boot and the system has an Nvidia graphics card, pass the "nomodeset" kernel boot option to prevent the nouveau driver from trying to manage the resolution.
Bugs and feature requests
To report a bug or suggest a new feature, please use the issue tracker on GitHub.
For general Finnix discussion, please use the Finnix Discord server.