Finnix 121 release notes
Major new features
Finnix 121 includes a number of fixes, new packages and new features:
- Switched back to building against Debian testing
- Added packages:
- Removed packages:
- serial-getty consoles are now usable
- Non-zero exit codes are now displayed in PS1
- Added "0" command for easier access to keyboard configuration (finnix/finnix#3)
- GRUB is now being used for both BIOS and UEFI booting
- Removed GRUB initial boot beep
- Re-added shared per-user SSH agents
- Fixed SSH remote access
- Enabled zram swap compression, 50% of physical RAM
- Release ISOs layouts are again being optimized for CD-ROMs
- This has no negative (or positive) effect when the ISO is written to a USB key, but speeds up CD-ROM booting by placing all known files used during startup sequentially toward the end of the ISO
Original tracking issue: finnix/finnix#6
- No known errata at this time. For general troubleshooting and notes, please see Documentation.
To verify download integrity, please use the provided OpenPGP signature. Download finnix-121.iso (the main file) and finnix-121.iso.gpg (the detached signature), then run:
gpg --recv-keys 867279B83BF8E815A236D39E7D6F85C04356E6C2 gpg --verify finnix-121.iso.gpg finnix-121.iso
The verification output should look similar to below:
gpg: Signature made using RSA key 867279B83BF8E815A236D39E7D6F85C04356E6C2 gpg: Good signature from "Finnix Release Signing Key <firstname.lastname@example.org>"
Be sure to explicitly check the reported signature matches Finnix Release Signing Key's OpenPGP signature, 8672 79B8 3BF8 E815 A236 D39E 7D6F 85C0 4356 E6C2.
The following non-signature hashes are also available. While verifying the OpenPGP signature is preferred, these can be used as lower-trust verification, as long as the entire hash is verified.