Finnix 122 release notes
Major new features
Finnix 122 includes a number of fixes, new packages and new features:
- Improved USB flash drive boot compatibility on older BIOSes
- Improved boot speed
- Lowered ISO size
- Added "finnix" getting started command
- Added "wifi-connect" helper script
- Manpage cache is now being generated, allowing for `man -k`/`apropos` (finnix/finnix#9)
- Redesigned boot splash screen
- Increased boot splash timeout from 15 seconds to 30 seconds
- Added packages:
- iozone3 (finnix/finnix#8)
Original tracking issue: finnix/finnix#7
- No known errata at this time. For general troubleshooting and notes, please see Documentation.
To verify download integrity, please use the provided OpenPGP signature. Download finnix-122.iso (the main file) and finnix-122.iso.gpg (the detached signature), then run:
gpg --recv-keys 867279B83BF8E815A236D39E7D6F85C04356E6C2 gpg --verify finnix-122.iso.gpg finnix-122.iso
The verification output should look similar to below:
gpg: Signature made using RSA key 867279B83BF8E815A236D39E7D6F85C04356E6C2 gpg: Good signature from "Finnix Release Signing Key <email@example.com>"
Be sure to explicitly check the reported signature matches Finnix Release Signing Key's OpenPGP signature, 8672 79B8 3BF8 E815 A236 D39E 7D6F 85C0 4356 E6C2.
The following non-signature hashes are also available. While verifying the OpenPGP signature is preferred, these can be used as lower-trust verification, as long as the entire hash is verified.